The search for a SEO-specialist is not a trivial task for any personnel officer. Specialists in search engine optimization are very difficult to contact. Therefore, work sites are not a very good search tool. The situation, when there are only 2 responses for 300 hits, is absolutely normal.
It is best to look for SEOs in the range of their habitat: specialized forums, blogs, profiles in social networks, through familiar acquaintances, etc. Here are a few good ways:
- Create a topic on Searchengines.ru about finding an employee,
- Filter out the profiles on Facebook, VK, LinkedIn and write each one with the most address message with a request to contact you.
- Look for experts in your region on the site of freelancers FL.ru. Often those who work in freelancing, are looking for work in the state
- Well, the most dirty way is to make an employee from another agency. Often on the websites of agencies hang out photos with names and posts. Find the profile of this person in social networks, identify from the photo and also invite to yourself. If, of course, you have something to offer.
Before the interview with the candidate, check his profile on the freelance website. Pay attention to customer feedback, rating, laid out work.
The Personal Blog
If the candidate has his own blog, then do not be lazy to read it. It does not matter even what he writes about, most importantly, how. The text is a reflection of our thoughts. Watch how logical the narration is, the text is broken into blocks or looks like a continuous stream of consciousness.
If you are not familiar with SEO, then the portfolio will have little to say about it, besides, in the situation with SEO authorship is very difficult to establish. So read between the lines. At the interview, ask to tell the candidate about one of his projects. And while pretending that you understand what he is talking about, pay attention to the signs of systemic nature. Can the candidate clearly distinguish the stages of work, talk about one of them not in two words, but deployed, uses many tools or one, can admit their mistakes in work and analyze them, etc.
Ask more situational questions
Since it is difficult for you to understand the theoretical basis, look at the overall development of the candidate. A good situational question: “Imagine that you are faced with a difficult task that is not answered on the Internet. What will be your actions? “. Ideally, the candidate must sketch a sequence of at least 5-6 actions. For more in this you can Click Here.
Ask the candidate directly at the meeting to analyze the work on one of your projects. Do not be afraid if you get something like this in return: “I cannot answer so quickly.” Suggest preparing an audit at home and send it to you by mail. Half of those who take such a task on the house will lose sight of what you need, in general.
- Record the entire interview on the video. Sometimes you concentrate more on your questions at the meeting than on the candidate’s answers, and you overlook much.
Your main task during the interview is to determine how high the overall IQ level of the candidate is. Ignorance is not so terrible as unwillingness or inability to think. The mind of your future seo-specialist should be inquisitive, flexible and hungry for knowledge – this is the basic requirement. All the rest with proper control of the work will follow.